REMEMBER NDI PLUMBING INC IS ON STANDBY THIS THANKSGIVING HOLIDAY 24 HOURS A DAY FOR ANY EMERGENCY THAT MAY ARISE UNEXPECTELY DURING YOUR THANKSGIVING WEEKEND CALL 775-745-8791
Thanksgiving – The Busiest Time of Year for Plumbers
The Thanksgiving Holiday Season is typically the busiest time of the the year for residential plumbers and it makes perfect sense when you think about it. The intensity of cooking, eating and disposing of such large amounts of food over a short period of time combined with visiting friends and relatives using showers, toilets and washing machines takes its toll on everything from kitchen sinks to main sewer lines. Thanksgiving is the perfect setting for a plumbing disaster to take place.
Kitchen clogs and garbage disposals may be the top two reasons plumbers stay so busy over Thanksgiving, but the problems and issues caused by houses full of guests testing the limits of showers, toilets and washing machines aren’t far behind. Thanksgiving also means most customers classify their plumbing, sewage, and drainage related problems as “emergencies” and want them addressed immediately if not sooner. They expect dependable, quality, timely service and fair prices every day, including Holidays and that’s exactly what NDI Plumbing Inc has been delivering to its Reno/Sparks customers for over 8 years.
Here are some common sense tips for spending more time with your family and less time with your plumber this Thanksgiving:
2. Never pour fats or cooking oils down drains. They solidify in pipes and drains and create clogs. Instead, use paper towels to wipe grease from pots and pans then throw the towels in the trash.
3. Avoid putting stringy, fibrous or starchy waste in the garbage disposal. You might not think these foods are dangerous to drains, but they are. Poultry skins, potato peels, celery and fruit etc…cannot be sufficiently broken down and can cause clogs.
4. Make sure the disposal is running when you put food into it and don’t wait until it’s full before turning it on. Run lots of water as you use the garbage disposal and keep the water running for a short time after you turn it off.
5. Using garbage and trash cans instead of kitchen sinks, drains and garbage disposals prolongs the life of your appliances and significantly reduces the chances of your Thanksgiving being adversely affected by clogged or backed-up plumbing.
6. Never flush any part of your Thanksgiving meal down the toilet. In addition, never flush cotton balls, swabs, hair or facial scrub pads down the toilet because they don’t dissolve and can cause clogs.
7. Advise overnight guests and family members to wait at least 10 minutes between showers so the additional hair and waste moving through your plumbing has an adequate amount of time to disperse and dispose of itself without clogging or backing up your pipes.
CALL NDI PLUMBING 24 HOURS 7 DAYS A WEEK FOR ALL OF YOUR EMERGENCY PLUMBING NEEDS!!
You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 Both comments and pings are currently closed.